At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It’s your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That’s the energy and passion behind Amazon.
A successful Senior Technical Recruiter candidate will play a critical role in the provision of a full life-cycle recruiting service to our Amazon Web Services businesses in the UK and across EMEA, ensuring that candidates are recruited in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner that meets the ongoing needs of a rapidly growing business.
The successful candidate will be joining a team with a broad scope in both technologies and businesses. The AWS Utility Computing Talent Acquisition Team for EMEA supports the technology/software development teams that build the software, applications and solutions that power AWS. We support teams in 22 locations throughout the region with main sites in London, Berlin, Dresden, Cape Town, and Dublin. We support such well-known teams as S3, EC2, ML Labs, and many others!
Responsibilities include: pipeline generation, business reporting, stakeholder management, building attraction strategies, interview process management, offer management, mentorship of junior recruiters, and building and maintaining relations within the hiring community.
You will love this job if you are someone:
· who enjoys partnering with hiring managers to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches
· who is incredibly detail-oriented and enjoys making sure something is done right
· who knows recruiting is difficult, but approaches each day as a new opportunity to find that “unicorn” for the job at hand
· who can take big projects, break them down into manageable pieces, and deliver results
· who loves to provide an excellent service to candidates and the hiring community
· who challenges the status quo and approaches every day as if it was “day one”
· who seeks a career path which will allow you to grow into a recruiting manager/leader role in the future
· who is passionate about technology and has a natural curiosity to learn more about the roles you recruit for and the products/technology the teams you support build
· Several years of experience recruiting software engineers and other similar technical roles
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· Adept at managing a full life-cycle recruiting process
· Experience working with CV databases and internet search tools
· Skilled at partnering with hiring managers to build effective sourcing strategies
· Strong customer orientation with the ability to communicate with candidates and business leaders at all levels
· Experience leading, mentoring, or managing other recruiters and developing big picture business partner strategies for yourself and others
· Experience using data to drive decisions and build business cases when appropriate
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (required)
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision
· Good understanding of AWS products
· Experienced driving candidate sourcing initiatives using search engines, deep-web Boolean searching, engineering social networks, etc.
· Experienced at driving Social Media campaigns and organizing event hiring such as industry conferences, MeetUp group hiring or other unique methods
· Have previously managed and prioritized multiple searches, projects and client relationships
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.