Downstream Process Development Group Leader - Viral Vectors
HRS has partnered with a Protein Manufacturing organisation who are looking to expand their capabilities to Viral Vector production.
To spear-head the development of their Viral Vector capabilities, they are looking for a Downstream Process Development Group Leader - Viral Vectors to join their business and grow a team of Downstream Processing and Formulation specialists. As the Downstream Process Development Group Leader - Viral Vectors, you will be a member of the leadership team and direct the strategic development for the group. The Business is located in Nottinghamshire and this would be an Office based opportunity in the short term with flexibility to home working. More remote working can be offered in the Long term.
This position would suit an ambitious Viral Vector Subject Matter Expert with the ability to provide expertise on Viral Production, including downstream process development of Vectors and Vaccines. This positions offers the opportunity to build a department from scratch and lead the company in their viral vector development. You will sit on the R&D senior leadership team and will play a key role in Business Strategy Development.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Downstream Process Development Group Leader - Viral Vectors will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Line Management and Group Leadership of a new team to the business. This Team will focus on the Technical Development and Process Development of Viral Vector Production including Downstream Processing and Formulation of final Viral Vector product.
2. You will be a member of the companies Leadership team and will translate corporate strategy as well as develop Viral Vector Production Strategy. This includes creation and managements of budgets, scheduling and resource management as well as working cross functionally with Market Development, Business Development and Project Management teams.
3. Be the Subject Matter Expert on Viral Vector production with a focus on Downstream Processing. Technically consult on virus-based therapeutics and develop processes and protocols to show the benefit of company Proteins on viral vector production.
4. This is a Technical Leadership role with Strategic oversight. This is also a commercial role with customer facing requirements where you will technically consult on the companys capabilities.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Process Development Group Leader - Viral Vectors we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline, ideally within Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Bioprocessing or Biological Engineering. Experience with development and production of final viral therapies.
2. Proven industry experience within Downstream Process Development for Viral Vectors or Vaccines. Experience of leadership is vital ideally line management and project leadership.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with CMC regulations as well as knowledge of CMC challenges for Viral Vector Production.
Key Words: Viral Vector | Vaccines | Viral Therapies | AAV | Lentiviral | Retroviral | Mammalian Cells | Purification | Downstream Processing | Downstream Process Development | Bioprocessing | Biopharmaceuticals | CMC | Strategic Development | Leadership | Manager |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.