IT Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
£40000 - £45000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to work in a Service Operations department for a Leading Environmental company based in the Staffordshire area. This would be an exciting opportunity for someone to advance their career in the IS&T sector in a cloud environment and gain industry-leading experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will use the full AWS infrastructure stack and VMWare technologies. With a keen focus on virtualisation technologies, networking, resilient design, durability, serverless, financial controls and cloud technologies to assist in infrastructure strategy and continuous improvement of PaaS and serverless architectures.
1. As the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you will help manage all infrastructure elements and ensure maximum availability and value in the supporting and resolution to our Customers issues as raised through our incident management system (ServiceNow).
2. The Cloud Infrastructure engineer will be part of a wider team who help to Optimise, improve and create code and processes to help solve business requirements inline with strategy through use of automation to improve business processes. To provide recommendations and improvements on the current infrastructure ensuring that the correct balance between stability and innovation is maintained.
3. As part of the role you will support MS SQL database administration and Scripting / Automation programming knowledge/skills (PowerShell/Python/JSON/YAML) to maintain and conduct platform maintenance on all infrastructure elements.
4. In this role you will help apply infrastructure strategy and continuous refinement to challenge conventional ideas and assumptions related to infrastructure, specifically relating to PaaS and serverless architectures.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a IT or Computer Science field
2. Excellent understanding of full AWS infrastructure stack and VMWare technologies. Keen focus on virtualisation technologies, networking, resilient design, durability, serverless, financial controls and cloud technologies.
3. Proven experience of challenging conventional ideas and assumptions related to infrastructure, specifically relating to PaaS and serverless architectures.
Key Words: IT Service Operations Cloud Azure AWS