IT Project Manager
£35000 - £40000 per annum
We are currently looking for a IT Project Manager to join an industry leading Environmental company based in the Staffordshire area. This role supports the organisations continuous improvement strategy helping deliver technology solutions and change management throughout the business.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role reports into the Head of Systems Projects, part of a small Project Team focused on delivering business change projects underpinned by Information Technology to optimise, evolve and grow the company. The key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the IT Project Manager you will be responsible for managing system projects supporting the IT Division. Projects may incorporate a combination of business and application development deliverables. The job holder will be responsible for managing the IT delivery throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring that all documentation is completed and gateway criteria met. The role will include scoping and planning projects and work streams, including undertaking studies and the production of business cases for IT.
2.In the role you will be managing activities of project team resources and stakeholders to deliver business change solutions underpinned by successful systems integration. By building and leading teams consisting of vendors, contractors, internal functional colleagues, IS&T colleagues and corporate colleagues according to the area of the project.
3.The Project Manager will be partnering internal customers, functional teams, executive leadership, sponsors, suppliers and IS&T teams on a range of topics related to business change projects and negotiate with vendors and other stakeholders to achieve successful, timely project delivery.
4. The role requires outstanding communication skills to be effective in engaging with customers and stakeholders and drive projects to a successful conclusion, using the most suitable project methodology, be that Agile or Waterfall.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the IT Project Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Computer Science / IT / Business area
2. Proven industry experience in delivering IT system improvement projects. Ideally with a formal project management qualification at practitioner level.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience of leading several separate projects involving business change. With evidence of leading business change as a project manager with a mixture of external vendor provision, business stakeholder management and process.
Key Words: IT Project Manager Portfolio Business Systems Product Owner Stakeholder Multiple Management Vendor
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.