Molecular Scientist - mRNA
Hyper Recruitment Solutions are delight to be supporting a developing Gene Synthesis company based in the Cambridge area focused on providing high quality, synthetic DNA for Gene Vaccines and Therapies. This exciting new business is looking for an experienced Molecular Scientist to join their Research and Development team.
They are looking for an experienced Molecular Biologist to develop and optimisation of In Vitro Transcription mRNA production, purification and characterisation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Molecular Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop and optimise In Vitro Transcription mRNA production.
2. Purify and Characterise mRNA products with the aim of developing protocols to increase product yield.
3. Lead on projects from planing to delivery as well as result reporting.
4. Work cross functionally with R&D and Manufacturing teams ans participate in company development sessions. You will also have the opportunity to travel to other sites globally.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Molecular Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline with a focus in Molecular Biology in addition to knowledge and experience with mRNA transcription.
2. Proven industry experience in with Molecular Biology techniques including DNA Cloning, DNA, RNA and Protein extraction, Primer design and construct design.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Purification methods such as Affinity Chromatography, SEC, IEX, HIC. Knowledge of RNA Capping and IVT is beneficial to your application
Key Words: Molecular Biology | Molecular Biologist | RNA Scientist | mRNA | IVT | In Vitro Transcription | RNA Capping | DNA Purification | RNA Purification | RNA Synthesis | DNA Synthesis | qPCR | Western Blotting | Flow Cytometry | SEC | IEX | Chromatography
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.