Principal Scientist - Translational Biology
We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist - Translational to join a leading Biotherapeutic company focusing on developing vital therapies targeting Fibroblasts. This exciting start-up is based in the Cambridge area is looking for an experienced Translational Scientist, ideally with some knowledge and interest in Inflammation and Oncology, to join and lead their Translational team focused n supporting Target Validation and the Translation of their preclinical pipeline into the clinic.
As the Principal Scientist - Translational you will be responsible for defining Biomarker strategy and managing both internal and external studies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Principal Scientist - Translational will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Define the Biomarker strategy and implement early Biomarker Assays to demonstrate Target Inhibition.
2. Identify and Collaborate with CROs and and academic groups to enable patient tissue access and study support including but not limited to IHC, RNAScope and MSD.
3. Lead and ensure compliance with the ethical and legal regulatory boards including Human Tissue Act Licence.
4. Design, implement and analyse functional studies and present findings both internally and externally.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Principal Scientist - Translational we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Cell Biology or Pharmacology where you have also worked in a Drug Discovery environment.
2. Proven industry experience in a Translational setting bring with you a strong understanding of Biomarkers and Bioanalysis. Experience with Primary tissue and sample management and regulations.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with characterisation techniques such as Nanostring, MSD, RNAScope.
4. Ability to collaborate internally and externally.
Key Words: Translational | PreClinical | Target Validation | Primary Tissue | Human Samples | HTA | Cell Biology | Biomarker | Bioanalysis | Translational Biomarkers
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.