Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
We are currently looking for a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer to join a leading Pharmaceutical manufacturing organisation based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will join the infrastructure team and focus on infrastructure projects and support incidents across a series of technologies: Network and Security, Server, EUC and manufacturing control systems.
In this role you will be part of a team of 6 supporting and maintenance of Server, Network and Security solutions, SME in all areas of IT Infrastructure in the business. There will be some bespoke IT systems with the production staff to deliver infrastructure projects and support incidents across a series of technologies: Network and Security, Server, EUC and manufacturing control systems whilst the business expands on its IT capabilities supporting business growth. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer role will support multi disciplines and the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Infrastructure Engineer you will initially focus on project work providing support and maintenance of Server, Network and Security solutions helping the adoption of manufacturing and laboratory control systems into IT support and help execute infrastructure replacement and improvement projects as well as Architect infrastructure to meet evolving business requirements.
2. The Infrastructure Engineer will maintain and look to continuously improve: Data Centre and Cloud Assets, Virtualisation Platform, Server Platform and Active directory.
3. The role requires outstanding communications skills to work closely with employees, technical resources from IT + 3rd party suppliers and QA on IT quality and validation issues.
4. In this role you will Log all actions in the Service Desk software package (ServiceNow) and help assist with 3rd Line Desktop, Network and IT Support to the 1100 users in the organisation.
As part of this role you will be included in the teams on call rota, which is once every six weeks. You will receive a daily amount for being on call and paid for any times you are called out (which rarely happens).
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Infrastructure Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Bachelors degree in an IT / Computer Science related subject or sufficient experience in Server, Desktop and Network Administration experience.
2. Proven experience working in a manufacturing environment. If this is within the Pharmaceutical sector being highly desirable.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Microsoft Server, Desktop and Active Directory Skills, Knowledge of VMWare administration - VSAN and NSX are a bonus and Knowledge of enterprise DR and replication technologies, preferably Veeam