Senior Research Scientist (Microbiology)
£20 - £24 per hour
We are currently looking for a Senior Research Scientist to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Cambridgeshire area on an initial 6 month contract. As the Senior Research Scientist you will be responsible for developing microbiological and molecular assays to characterise novel bacterial isolates.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Research Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Senior Research Scientist you will be responsible for the characterisation of anaerobic gut bacteria for development for the modulation of the human gut microbiome using biological techniques including qPCR, PCR assays within a GLP environment.
2. You will be responsible for the development of these assays and supporting other departments across microbiology.
3. As the Senior Research Scientist you will be responsible for providing guidance to junior members of staff
4. You will be responsible for working within a drug development environment to develop analytical methods.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Research Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Microbiology or equivalent.
2. Proven industry experience or post doc experience working in the area of anaerobic bacteria.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience within drug development.
Key Words: Microbiology | Anaerobic | Bacteria | Gut | Method | Development | Drug | Development | Research | Scientist | Validation | Methods | Assays | qPCR | Cambridgeshire | Contract | Science | Pharmaceutical
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.