We are currently looking for an experienced Scientist with a background in Bacteriology, Virology or Parasitology to join a leading Contract Research Organisation in the Edinburgh as a Study Director.
As a Study Director will lead on client projects and manage data and reporting as well as the Lab based activities focused on Safety and Efficacy testing for Animal Health Products.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Lab Scientist who is keen to remain hands -on in the lab while also gain project and client management experience. You do not need to have prior Study Director experience to be consider for this role!
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Study Director will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Management of client research projects where you are the main point of contract for the client where you will write up reports and deliver results.
2. Act as Study Investigator where appropriate. You will support the safety and efficacy testing of animal health products which will include routine testing of Drug products and patient samples. These include Serology testing, Bacteriology and Virology tests.
3. Work in a Quality focus environment regulated to GLP standards. You will be expected to maintain and update Quality documentation and ensure all activities are log to GLP standards.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Study Director we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline in addition to Lab experience, ideally in a Regulated environment.
2. Proven industry experience in a Lab setting where you have knowledge of Serology Techniques (e.g. ELISA or aggregation / agglutination assays), Bacteriology Techniques (e.g. TVC, Selective agar, Microbial identification) or Virology Assays.
3. Experience as a Study Director is not required, however the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally is a requirement for this role. As well as the desire to move into Study Directing / Project Management.
Key Words: Study Director | Study Manager | Study Investigator | Research Scientist | Study Scientist | Serology | Virology | Bacteriology | Animal Health | CRO | Contract Research Organisation | Project Management | Project Leadership | QMS | GLP | Quality
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.