As an Android Developer you’ll be joining an already successful and collaborative Costa Mobile Apps Team. Your challenge will be to ensure the quality of one of the nation’s top 10 mobile apps. Working closely with the team, you’ll ensure quality is built into our mobile apps as new features and technologies are introduced. In addition to writing and executing both manual and automated test cases, you’ll be mentoring other developers-in-test, helping them learn and develop their skills.
Since 2015 our Costal digital hub has been working with the latest technologies to accelerate digital experiences and connections with our customers. Our native mobile apps support one of the largest loyalty programmes in the UK (with almost a million monthly active users) and are built in Swift and Kotlin. We take technology seriously and we’re passionate about creating fantastic experiences for our coffee fans on our mobile apps.
There’s never been a better time to join Costa!
A bit about us...
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values; we believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and Courage. We are the No 1 coffee brand in the UK and as part of the Coca-Cola Company, we’re on a journey to be the worlds most loved coffee brand, we don’t settle for mediocre. We’ve come a long way from the Costa brothers first roastery in 1971, today we are a total coffee company that delivers amazing coffee to our consumers all over the globe. Along with our much-loved stores, this includes our Express machines, Ready to Drink products, and a long list of friends and partnerships. Costa are proud of our collaborative and inclusive workforce, who continually unlock new growth and innovation.
A bit about the role...
- Works within an agile team to deliver across the entire product life cycle – concept, design, build (code), deploy, test, release, operate in production, and maintain unit, functional and performance test automation.
- Collaborates through the scrum cycle to refine, estimate, deliver, test, and release incremental features.
- Mentors and coaches team members (developers, developers-in-test).
- Participates in a good development culture with the team.
- Works collaboratively with developers, developers-in-test, experience designers and product analysts to ensure quality is built into our app as new feature and technologies are introduced.
- Follows modern development best practices set by the team.
- Develops at pace whilst maintaining exceptional quality, code hygiene and robust code.
- Maintains a deep knowledge of the features, implementations and market specific concerns as new features are built and new markets are onboarded.
- Maintains up to date current technology awareness of new trends, frameworks, styles, approaches, and languages within and around area of expertise.
A bit about you…
To succeed at Costa, it is important that you embrace our values and enjoy working with diverse and committed colleagues. In addition, we would hope to see some of the below:
- Display a strong understanding of mobile technologies.
- Deep knowledge of current versions of Kotlin.
- Deep knowledge of Google’s Material Design Guidelines.
- Understands the SOLID principles and can apply them when needed.
- Understands programming design patterns and can apply them when needed.
- Can effectively use their problem-solving skills, for real world application scenarios.
- Good knowledge of communicating through HTTP APIs and able to develop and test using debugging tools.
- Able to debug and instrument running app code to find performance issues, and fix bugs.
- Embraces continuous integration as a key part of their development and delivery processes.
- Able to debug and resolve issues in our automation testing suites and maintain healthy testing suites.
- Able to design, implement and execute UI automation test scenarios that satisfies business use cases.
- Able to develop and test localised user interfaces to support multiple markets and languages.
- Is able to communicate effectively with excellent oral and written English skills.
- Practicing agile methodologies, with an agile mindset.
- Delivering key features at pace in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience delivering mobile applications through the whole software development lifecycle from initiation to execution and maintenance.
- Developing applications using functional reactive programming and RxJava.
- Developing applications using Dagger.
- Integrating with RESTful and GraphQL APIs.
- Integrating with third-party vendors such as Firebase, Adobe, Contentful.
- Delivering secure mobile applications that conform to OWASP and security standards.
What we can offer...
We’re on an exceptional adventure and can offer a truly purpose led career with flexibility to suit your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
- BUPA Healthcare
- Costa Pension Scheme
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
- 25 days Holidays
At Costa Coffee we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone should bring their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and transparency and embrace differences in all that we do.
#nowisthemoment to join.