The Assistant Brand Manager is responsible for developing and managing a variety of critical marketing activities to deliver brand objectives including but not limited to raising brand awareness, product launches, supporting retail marketing initiatives, and leading social and public relations for the brand. Specifically, this person will assist in the development of marketing materials and brand expansion initiatives in UK & EU markets.
• Leadership: Can rally organization behind a vision for the brand. Can connect the brand’s vision with its action plans to bring the vision to life. Can break down barriers to bringing the plans to life with excellence.
• Collaborates: Can collaborate across levels and departments to bring vision to life.
• Marketing Mastery: Experience assisting in developing brand marketing plans (communications, product launch, trade support and more). Can manage budgets.
• Innovation: Can connect brand strategies to innovation plans, including partnering with R&D on innovation master- planning.
• Grows Capability: strong drive to continue developing skillset within the marketing discipline; supporting and coaching other team members where relevant and possible.
• Strategic: Can distill brand priorities into simple frameworks that drive behaviour for a broad set of brand stakeholders including Marketing, Sales, and R&D.
• Analytical/Integrates Knowledge: Can connect data points from diverse sets of information to form a clear story that drives actionable insights to move the brands forward.
• Uses Judgement: Can use data but also can leverage judgement and intuition based on experience to make timely and informed decisions.
• Collaborate and support initiatives and executions around new product launches, core brand, retailer/trade specific and communication & advertising amongst others.
• Assist in the development of launch plans for new product innovation, new product positioning, and any other product updates or evolutions.
• Take ownership of smaller NPD projects from project establishment through to launch.
• Develop and manage marketing communication materials for distributors, retail customers and consumers.
• Support the Brand Managers with the development of communication materials where needed.
• Planning & execution of digital, PR, and social media marketing communication, programming and events through internal marketing department and agency partners.
• Manage all web and social platforms in collaboration with ABM – Online & eCommerce, and partner with external agencies to monitor and continue the engagement with consumers. Management includes content creation, planning and execution of all digital platforms and ensuring campaigns are integrated with PR initiatives.
• Develop consumer and trade literature and materials to support planned and ad-hoc initiatives.
• Lead Public Relations & Influencer activity on the brand. Writing press releases/editorial and managing campaigns. Monitor all cuttings, monitoring and updating social media networks, and preparing and fulfilling competitions.
• Assist in planning and attending events and tradeshow activities as needed.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent desirable; Business, Marketing, Communications, Advertising or Public Relations preferred.
• Relevant marketing experience, FMCG brand/trade marketing preferred.
• GfK/Nielsen/IRI analysis experience beneficial. Specific Skills:
• Strong leadership skills and confidence working cross functionally with colleagues at all levels to manage and complete projects.
• Results oriented approach with a proven ability to execute projects from start to finish, working through functional and business barriers as needed.
• Strong team-player; able to effectively participate and motivate others working within a team environment.
Must adhere to Company’s Core Values that ensure everyone works together to exceed expectations.
• Have fun, be passionate and show it!
• Act with integrity and respect in all relationships.
• Communicate openly and appreciate the effort of others.
• Embrace knowledge, growth and change.
• Strive for excellence in what we do every day!