The role offers the chance to join a highly-regarded team and will be focused on corporate and regulatory insurance matters across a broad range of clients.
A forward-thinking and commercially orientated leading international law firm (Top 50 UK Law firm) with a strong reputation that provides advice to both UK and international blue-chip clients. The firm is top-ranked for Corporate Insurance by The Legal 500 and works on sophisticated mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, reinsurance and banking transactions, joint ventures, investments and PE deals.
Recruiting the best – our culture
The workplace culture we value
- We trust each other to want to thrive; to care about and do the right thing for the firm and its clients; and be committed to our individual and colleagues' development and learning.
- As adults, we are capable of being responsible for our actions; behaviours; decisions; and impact on others.
- It is our personal responsibility to get timely and useful feedback and to use development pointers to guide performance improvement supported by others – including the People & Talent Development Team and Line Manager – through regular, quality conversations.
- We share ownership and accountability for performance: managers and peers are accountable to each other.
- Collegiality; approachability; inclusiveness and co-operation are key.
- We balance autonomy, support and challenge to grow.
- We are efficient and adopt a pragmatic, solution-focused approach.
In practice this means:
At our firm:
- Want to do great work, "wherever", "however".
- Go the extra mile for clients and colleagues (in terms of output).
- Contribute positively to life at our firm, with particular reference to finance, social life, behaviour, functional expertise and development.
- Nurture adult to adult relationships based on shared accountability.
- Care about our colleagues and the firm – and want everyone to succeed.
And our managers
- Care about their people, treating everyone with dignity and respect.
- Work to create an inclusive environment in which people can thrive and develop (which sometimes means getting out of the way).
- Make regular time for quality conversations that build stronger connections.
- Hone their judgement skills and flex their personal style when working with others.
Investing in you – our current benefits package
In addition to offering a competitive salary, the firm currently offers the benefits listed below. Of course, these may change from time-to-time. We will provide an interactive document for the successful candidate in our offer.
- 25 days of annual leave with the option to apply annually to flex by either buying or selling some of your entitlement (pro-rated for part-time employees).
- Interest-free season ticket loan (following completion of probationary period).
- Group personal pension (via salary sacrifice).
- Income protection.
- Discretionary bonuses.
- My Family Care.
- Private medical insurance (personal).
- Confidential employee assistance programme.
- Health screenings.
- A range of sports and clubs.
- Subsidised restaurant and coffee bar.
- Enhanced family leave.
- Access to a range of special firm discounts.
- Eye tests.
- Bike racks, lockers and shower rooms.
- Tax Free Childcare.
- Giving via payroll for tax-free donations to charity.
A sample of internal/external networks we support
- Working Parents & Careers Network.
- 30% Club.
- Diversity Role Models.
- Good Recruitment Charter, REC.
For more information or to apply, please contact Hannah Foley on the following;
M: 07712 165 187