My client is a reputable business within flexible packaging, primarily supporting the food industry, they have been established for over four decades. Due to growth, they’re looking to secure additional Flexographic Printer Operators to join their busy production department. The Company prides itself on its innovative approach to product design and manufacturing, along with an excellent reputation for high-quality customer service.
The Job Purpose
To operate equipment as effectively as possible and to contribute to the shift meeting demands in terms of production, waste, quality, housekeeping and health and safety.
Equipment and Role Details
- 8/10 Colour Wide Web Flexographic Printers
- Solvent based inks.
- Printing on PE and PET Substrates
- 300/800 m/min runs
- Variety of Short and Long Running Tasks
- XRights Colour Management Systems
- W&H OTEC onyx Presses
- Semi-Automated Plate Mounting Machines
- Adhere to Health & Safety and Environmental Procedures and Regulations
- Meet production targets and customer deadlines
- Complete daily checks
- Complete any required production paperwork
- Ability to work flexible hours on a continental shift pattern working a 4 on 4 off style of 12-hour day shifts and night shifts.
- Self-motivated and can work under pressure
- A can-do attitude, able to overcome obstacles with a team approach
- Ability to follow instructions
- Good practical skills
- Experience gained within a similar role within the flexible packaging industry
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Quality Awareness
- Excellent attendance and timekeeping
Salary + Benefits
- Hourly rate based on experience from £13.39 to £16.88 per hour (circa £28,000-£35,000 per year)
- Competitive holiday allowance
- On-site parking
- Company pension
In order to attract the best talent, this business are willing to provide the option of a relocation package for the right candidate who already resides in the UK, or the opportunity for assistance with accommodation for each 4 day cycle, if they are too far for a commute to Southampton.