Our client is a leading manufacturer of flexible packaging based in Southampton. Within this role you will be undertaking day to day planned maintenance to the site’s manufacturing equipment and you will work to support the continuous improvement of the site and the engineering department.
· Reacting to breakdowns both electrically and mechanically, fault finding, analysing and continuously improving our equipment and processes to increase our ability to manufacture more effectively.
· Ensure the proper functioning of industrial electromechanical equipment and installations.
· Monitoring of implementation of new industrial equipment.
· Identify the necessity of using various supplier/manufacturer customer service and technical support hotlines.
· Participation in training sessions with manufacturers of industrial equipment (mainly Germany & Italy).
· A formal qualification in electrical or mechanical engineering (apprentice time served, NVQ, HNC or equivalent).
· A sound knowledge based on electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical assembly.
· Must be self-motivated and able to work under pressure and minimum supervision.
· Must have good communication skills, a sense of responsibility and be a team player.
· Experience in PLC programming would advantageous although not essential.
· A knowledge of flexographic printing and/or blown film extrusion manufacturing equipment would advantageous although not essential.
4 days on and 4 days off once assigned to a shift – 6am-6pm / 6pm-6am. Alternating between days and nights. However, if you are unable to work weekends, there may be the chance to work Monday to Friday.
Salary + Benefits
Competitive base salary up to £40,000 based on experience.
· Overtime rate is +20% above the base rate
· Eligibility to £50 weekly shift attendance bonus once on a shift (conditions apply)
· Health cash plan.
· 1 extra days’ holiday for each completed year of service up to a maximum of 5 days.
· 8 hours extra pay in birthdate month as a birthday gift.
· £500 bonus after six months of completed service.