Principal Software Engineer (Ruby) | Fin-Tech Start-Up | London or Remote (EU) | £90,000 to £100,000
We are looking for a self-starting, upbeat technical expert with advanced Ruby/Rails development skills. This role is going to suit a Senior Developer who loves to write code, take full ownership of a product or feature from concept to launch.
You'll be an excellent teammate, but not afraid to question and take initiative. Coupled with excellent interpersonal skills, you'll have a solid knowledge of trends in the Ruby programming world
You will get to continue to develop your technical expertise, and you’ll also get to showcase that expertise by:
- Writing well organised, testable and high performing code
- Address system and software bugs, develop product enhancements and launch new features to scale within a Product Team construct
- Write clear and concise documentation; share knowledge internally and across teams
- Help identify technical risk and mitigation plans
- Collaborate with Product Management and Design teams taking small to medium features from concept to shipping as the sole programmer.
What You'll Bring
- At least 6+ years of experience shipping high-quality products and features.
- Expert knowledge with Ruby on Rails and other common libraries such as RSpec and Sidekiq
- Experience with React, HAML, Redis, Postgres, AWS, Docker or some combination of similar tech
- Ability to solve complex problems requiring in-depth analysis
- Confidence making architectural design decisions that improve scalability & performance
- Deep knowledge of operating Postgres at scale, including replication, monitoring and optimization, preferred
If you are a true team player, a technical expert and motivated by making a positive impact then please get in touch, today.
Jordan@grittt.com | 07858973473