Birmingham, West Midlands
Print, Production, Direct Mail
Based in the West Midlands, our client seek an experienced Production Supervisor/Manager to take responsibility for the day-to-day Production leadership of their Manufacturing operation. You will manage, mentor and lead the small Production team, managing the day to day running of the Production department, Print Room, Finishing, Dispatch and Warehousing, with the responsibility to maximise efficiency, maintaining an enhanced regime of effective Company workflow, guidelines and policies.
You must have a demonstrable track record of experience, responsibility and impact within the Print industry, with proven experience and aptitude in supervising & managing a diverse Production department.
The role represents an excellent opportunity to drive influence, responsibility and career enhancement, as you will work with the Managing Director & Operations Manager in guiding, advising and implementing best practice across an enhanced productive/operational capability in a growing business.
This is a Senior Management position and will involve a high level of engagement with all aspects of the business. You will have responsibility for training our Apprentices and ensuring they are actively engaged with their development and training, along with training new and existing staff.
The role includes but is not limited to the following:
- Aid and assist in the smooth functioning and running of the company
- Planning, scheduling and prioritising production and allocating jobs
- Be responsible for making all print and finishing related decision in a fast-moving environment that requires 100% accuracy
- Provide accurate and timely management information, informing of any potential issues arising as well as proposing continuous improvement and cost saving opportunities.
- Represent the Production Department at any customer facing meetings
- To manage absence requests, ensuring sufficient cover in conjunction with other departments within the business
- To complete and review return to work interviews and deal with personnel absences and timekeeping according to company procedures
- To involve all employees in development of the production process, and to encourage innovation to find better ways of meeting customer demands
- To ensure that all employees are provided with adequate training to perform their duties and, where desired, developed to take on additional responsibility and meet set targets
- Overseeing and hands-on on a range of print production equipment
- Adhere to and ensure others are adhering to our Quality procedure
- To ensure all finished products are packed to customer’s requirements and made available promptly to be dispatched
- To investigate performance variances daily and communicate this to the Managing Director
- To ensure production machinery is kept in good working order and that defects are rectified without delay, advising the Managing Director where maintenance support is required
- To ensure the Production area is kept clean, tidy and safe
- To identify and justify any opportunities for profitable capital investment for the machine
- Ensure all risk assessments and H&S criteria are completed in accordance with company policy
- Ensure that all employees accurately follow processes and other relevant procedures to undertake service delivery, including Health and Safety and COSHH regulations
Skills & Qualities:
- Excellent working knowledge of digital print processes to include structured and personalised print
- Experience of working in a similar role at supervisory or management level
- Experience of customer relationship management
- Excellent inter-personnel with employee management and development experience
- Excellent level of organisational skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, handling variable and conflicting time demands
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this role is up to £40,000 based on experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday 7.30am-3pm, with a 30minute break for lunch (however some flexibility will be required)