Executive search and leadership advisory expert Walter James is seeking talented, intelligent and entrepreneurial Research Associates to join their team as part of their continued growth.
The key focus of the role is providing high-quality research within strict time frames that will enable the delivery of talent to clients.
As an associate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with consultants and partners on highly impactful projects and interact with senior executives of some of the most well-known organisations within the Consumer, Retail and Life Sciences sectors. Walter James is committed to ensuring individuals’ success, by progressing those with the ambition, passion and drive to leadership positions.
- Participate in the entire lifecycle of the executive search process including market research and analysis, candidate identification, candidate assessment and validation, candidate management, client update calls and meetings, and sharing research results with insightful analysis to stakeholders
- Write, review, and edit selected client deliverables such as position specification (with key competencies identified), candidate reports, and update reports
- Provide business development support to consultants and partners by performing market research and analysis prior to client calls/meetings
- Serve as an expert in the research process including the creative use of research sources, industries and markets, organisational structures, and companies. Utilise database resources, social media and other channels including network/referrals, conferences and associations
- Discover innovative ways to identify high-potential talent within given markets, while staying abreast of market trends
- Formulate and implement the search research strategy and plan in coordination with the Client Partner / Consultant
- Identify, implement and promote innovative approaches and best practices across the organisation, helping maintain consistency in process and quality
- Help ensure superior candidate and client experience throughout the search, keeping them informed and managing their expectations
- Maintain real-time updates in the CRM system
- Participate in market mapping assignments as needed
- Assist with candidate development and assessment, database management, and knowledge management
Why work for Walter James?
- Competitive base salary with an industry-leading commission structure
- Exciting incentives including bi-annual company trips and regular team outings
- Opportunity to excel with structured career progression
- Work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial and fast-paced office alongside colleagues who are collaborative and share the ambition to be best-in-class recruiters operating to the highest standards.
Does this sound like you?
An ideal candidate will have some executive search research experience. They will possess ambition and drive, be passionate about research, and have strong analytical and communication skills. A consultative approach and the ability to work well with a team to execute assignments flawlessly are essential. Specific skills include:
- Ideally degree-educated or equivalent
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Ability to work closely with project team and independently
- Must be customer service-oriented
- Highly articulate with strong communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism when interacting with senior level executives, clients, and candidates
- Proactive relationship-building skills
- Entrepreneurial and commercial mindset
- Analytical, innovative and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong organization skills with a high attention to detail