Are you interested in being the Associate Director of Data Engineering for a well-known global brand within the eCommerce space?
Working for an industry leading business that genuinely cares about their staff?
Want to be part of one of the most exciting projects in Germany right now?
As the Associate Director of Data Engineering, you will contributing to the codebase and managing a team of very successful Data Engineers.
What will you be doing?
- Have full responsibility of the team’s delivery on projects
- Coach, mentor and help develop your team of Data Engineers
- Conduct regular performance reviews
- Design and build a world class self-service data platform
- Bring solutions from complex business problems from an engineering perspective
What experience do you need?
- Having hands on experience in creating and managing an enterprise-scale Data Platform, while setting best practices for security, privacy, monitoring & alerting, and CI/CD (ideally with some of the following: Azure, Prometheus, AlertManager, Grafana, Jenkins, Concourse, Airflow, Tableau, Alation)
- A strong engineer having worked with Kaftka, the Hadoop eco system and cloud-based services (AWS S3, EMR, Glue) and with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS)
- Demonstrable experience of mentoring more junior members of staff
- Experience managing cross functional teams in an agile environment
- An ability to prioritise work load using business data and metrics
What is on the table for you?
- A very competitive financial package
- Heavily discounted company products
- Relocation package (including help with education for children)
- A truly diverse team
- A real chance to actually impact an organisation that is going through massive amounts of growth
If you are ready to take the next step in your career into a role that gives you chances of promotion within just 6 months and join one of the most exciting organisations in Berlin, apply today!